Thursday, January 06, 2005

Jonny Baker is hard of hearing

Out to dinner last night with a big group here in London (here for the International Association for the Study of Youth Ministry), when Jonny Baker and his end of the table (Will Penner and Jay and Jen Howver of Youth Specialties and Mike King of YouthFront) started laughing hysterically after I ordered dessert. [Background: Frangelico is an Italian hazelnut liquour, and it's highly yummy.]

What I said to the waiter: "I'd like the tiramisu, an espresso, and a Frangelico."

What Jonny heard me say: "I'd like the tiramisu, an espresso, and I'm an evangelical."

5 Comments:

Blogger el mol said...

tiramisu, an espresso, and a Frangelico

could this be the new blog name for 05?

sincerely

metrosexual

7:28 AM  
Blogger Dave Sheldon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Dave Sheldon said...

If what I am reading is true from D. G. Harts’ book, Deconstructing Evangelicalism, that the old historical Park Street Church in Boston, a Mainline Denominational Congregational Church, has been one of the points of power for Evangelicalism in America...maybe Tony, you had a Freudian slip and really want to work at Park Street and jump back into that pool!

Enjoy being across the pond! When you get back maybe you can buy me one of those drinks!;-)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Dave Sheldon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about coffee with Frangelico, Bailey's Irish Creme, and Kahlua--then try having just one :~) Clearly I've had one too many episodes of "damn, I should've only had one". Shit, now I'm going to have to go out tonight and have one of these-thanks alot Tony!!!!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home