Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Podcasts

I've recently been interviewed on a couple of podcasts, each by people who are interested in but somewhat reticent about Emergent. The first is Craig Bob at outoffellowship, and you can find it here (my apologies to Craig Bob that I was working on very little sleep at the time, and I was really low energy).

The second one is by long-time critics of Emergent, Steve and Josh of stupidchurchpeople. It's here. I'm a bit more fiesty in this one. Theirs is part one of two.

[UPDATE: Part 2 here.]

If you're looking for theology, these aren't it -- both of them are trying to answer the question, "What, exactly, is Emergent." I tried not to duck and weave too much.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right,
if you are looking for theology, these arn't it because emergent does not DO theology. They re-inculturate liturgy, which of course, inherintly involves incorporating theology, but not DOING theology. As a previous poster has stated well, all of emergent's theology has already been done for them in the RCC and Eastern Orthodox churchs....

6:25 AM  
Blogger el mol said...

huh?
pictures and podcasts. . . welcome to the new millenium my friend

8:01 AM  
Blogger LukeMiller said...

i'm with the MOL, welcome to podcasts... keep a look out for the "(non-sanctioned) emergent dallas hour" podcast, starring suburbanjesus, iblamemyself, moljunior, and the MOL himself.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciated both podcasts. Emergent seems to be a moving target. A nomadic movement. It was helpful to be able to hear your heart.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

emergent really is, the way I understand it, quite boring. Am I wrong on this issue?

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff hates methodists & bapitsts

Merry Christmas to you too Jeff

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home