Monday, November 13, 2006

Speaking of Speaking...

I received several emails after my last post about preaching for free. Since I've never really posted about it here, I thought I would now. I do write and I do work for Emergent, but I currently pay the bills by speaking -- neither of the other two endeavors pays enough to live on. I have to speak 2-3 times a month usually to make ends meet. I do not use a speaking agent, although some people think I should. I book it myself, and I've been fortunate enough to have plenty of invitations, especially in the fall and winter/spring.

Except, that is, in December and the summer. As you might guess, there aren't a lot of pastors' conferences in the summer, not many churches want to have me come in to speak/consult then, and most seminaries and colleges are locked down tight.

So, if the summer is a good time for you, let me know. I'd love to speak at your summer camp, retreat, etc., guest preach, or help with leadership training. If you want to pursue that, email me at jonestony@gmail.com.