Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hmm... The title bar doesn't work on Blogger this morning. I'm off to ICRS, the den of thieves for Christian publishers and retailers. From there (Atlanta), I fly to La Guardia for a couple days of church consulting.

We had a great 4th, with our annual tradition of marching in the Edina Parade (this year with the Cub Scouts), then the Sousa band and fireworks at the city park later that night. My bro was in town from Oregon, so we hung out with their family for the rest of the week.

Almost 700 persons have downloaded my address from Wheaton, and there's some really good commentary. I think I'll submit it to a theological journal, reworked with many of your suggestions. Kind of an "open source" essay. Also, some of this material will be in my forthcoming book.

If you read it, please remember that those are my speaking notes, untouched since I presented it. It's not by any means ready for publication -- or even for peer review. In fact, this is part of my frustration with Wheaton: they never saw a copy of the paper and never requested one. They went simply on their memory of what I presented -- and anyone who has been to an academic conference knows that only sections of papers are actually presented in the oral session. The paper is usually redacted on-the-fly to make it fit in the allotted time.

But, like I say there have been some great suggestions -- particularly about how I could have ended the presentation more strongly. So, if/when I rework it, I will have a better conclusion.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you planning on interacting with dissenting opinion?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

I was having the same problem with the title bar...run the arrow over the bar until you see the "I" and it should let you in......

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home