Friday, September 23, 2005

Emerging in San Francisco?

Join us for lunch on October 3 to connect with other people in the San Francisco Bay Area interested in Emergent Conversations. The goal of this lunch is to cultivate friendships and perhaps "reimagine" what exactly
"Emergent" is.

Lunch will be hosted by Mark Scandrette with special guest Tony Jones, recently designated national coordinator for Emergent.

WHEN? Monday October 3, 2005 12:30 P.M.

WHERE? Naan N' Curry, 398 Eddy St., San Francisco, CA 94102 (in the Tenderloin District at the Northeast corner of Eddy at Leavenworth)

NOTE: Parking will be difficult-- public transportation is suggested.

COST: $8 per person. (includes good Pakistani curries, Tandori chicken, rice, bread, Chai Tea and tip)

Please R.S.V.P. to mark@reimagine.org

DIRECTIONS FROM BART/ MARKET STREET

Exit Powell Street Station.
Go one block North on Powell
Turn Left on Eddy
Go approximately 2 blocks to Leaventhworth
Naan N' Curry will be on your Right.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

From 101 NORTH/ Van Ness
Turn Left (East) on Eddy
Go on Eddy to Leavenworth
Best of Luck on metered parking (.25 per 10 min. Garage Parking may also be available)

AND, you can join me, Mark Scandrette, Lilly Lewin, Karen Ward, and Bob Carlton at this event that evening with SF Anglicans who are investigating the emerging church.

7 Comments:

Blogger el mol said...

scandrette

one of the greatest of all time
I love him

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Tony when I read my blog back after posting it late the night we met, I realized that it was inappropriately personal. Please check out a new update and accept my apologies for that. I hope we get the opportunity to talk again soon and God bless you and your family as you and emergent move forward

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many freaking times are you going to "reimagine" Emergent and talk about what the hell it means?

Serve a hot meal, start a real church, do something, ANYTHING that actually means something.

Let others define your "movement" after its done something of significance ...That's when you know it will be real movement and not something fabricated by Zondervan.

Cheers.

7:47 PM  
Blogger tony said...

Hey, "Anonymous," the "reimagine" line is an inside joke -- that's the name of Mark Scandrette's ministry.

How about you lighten the hell up?

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, I really enjoyed the "emergent" lunch. I met some interesting people and I enjoyed your talk. By the way, I'm the guy who brought up Radical Orthodoxy and how I think it might help Emergent in a way.
I did have one other comment regarding Emergent and the impact it may or may not have in the future of evangelicalism (which is still where I live and play). I would just caution Emergent people in the area of political discourse. Some of the Emergent people sound like the old secular Left when they begin to talk about politics and especially when they criticize Bush. Emergent should understand this: The Secular Left is no more their friend than the Religious Right is. They should steer clear of both extremes and really explore new possiblities. Anyway, that is my two cents on one area where I see they might push evangelicals away from giving them a fair hearing on other areas. Thanks for listening and keep up the good work.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I hadn't read this in time to attend the meeting two weeks ago.

I'd be interested in learning more about how it went.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

What was the outcome of this meeting? Jon

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home