Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Last Night...

...I gave a talk to about 150 Campbell University students. Afterwards, a few students came up and we exchanged the requisite pleasantries. Then, one guy shook my hand and said, "Hi. I've been waiting six or seven months for you to come here, so thanks for coming. I'm really glad you're here. I think most of what you say is full of shit. You know how you said that the people have been duped by the church? Well, I'm pretty sure that's what you are doing. I'm looking forward to hearing you again on Thursday."

That's my kind of college student!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

W00t! Sounds like one of my youth group kids. Ha! At least you know they're listening.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Steve K. said...

Shazam!

Welcome back to North Carolina, Tony ;-)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Tripp said...

I went to Campbell for undergrad, so I am not surprised. Of course since you posted your hotel you may find some of them praying for your salvation outside your door like a number of the religion department faculty have.
If you get a chance get a Cheese Steak at Andy's. It will make you smile if you are into them.

9:17 AM  
Blogger gavin richardson said...

it amazes me the response you get from people tony.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Andrew Seely said...

finally someone said what i've been thinking all along!!!

just kidding ;)

7:09 PM  
Blogger el mol said...

possibly your best post ever

5:01 PM  
Blogger Mike Messerli said...

I found your site through Iggy's, funny post by the way! I love those kind of guys...I'll be praying for him.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home