Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Book

Don't you love it when this happens? A book comes in the mail, and, unbeknownst to you, there's an essay by you in it! It's especially sweet when the cover letter is in German since the publisher is in Germany. That's about when you think, "Man, I should have worked harder when I learned German!"

Well, that happened last week. A book that I thought would go straight-to-microfiche actually got published in Europe. If you're interested, you can check it out: Youth, Religion, and Globalization.

3 Comments:

Blogger joe said...

man tony, i checked out that book on amazon, i admit i didnt understand a word of it.

but thats not too different from alot of the books i read.

peace.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't you love it?"

No tony, I don't know that I do, because this situation has never happened to me. I am sure it is wonderful though

8:41 AM  
Blogger anselm13 said...

Enjoyed the Q&A with you from Bend. In it, when asked about some of those who have influenced you, you mentioned several authors (postmodern philosophers and narrative theologians) such as Hans Frei, Walter Brueggemann, Stanley Hauerwas, Miroslav Volf, James McClendon, Will Willimon, Nancey Murphy, and others. You also added that you saw some problems with some of the thinking expressed by them. So I'm just curious if you could elaborate? Anyway, not sure if you'll have time, but I'd be interested in hearing a little more of your thoughts. Thanks.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home