Friday, August 24, 2007

NYC

Had a great day in NYC yesterday: a wonderful Vietnamese lunch with my friend (and church planter) Bowie; a leisurely and theologically stimulating cup of coffee with Tim Keller; time to rap with cohort-team-member Jeff Kursonis; a wonderful meeting with the NYC cohort; and a late-night dinner with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. Thanks to priceline, I'm on the 28th floor of the Millennium Hotel U.N., overlooking the East River.

In the blogosphere, Skye at Out of Ur becomes one of the first mainstream evangelicals to call out the sinful practice of stereotyping and caricaturing the entire emerging movement that goes on in some evangelical circles. Read it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Coop said...

I love NYC, and would love to go back. I've only been there once, and it was February of 2001; I sang at Carnegie Hall! The trip was great but there was so much of the city we just didn't get a chance to see. Which, of course, means I need to go back.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I've met Bowie! She interviewed for the PhD program I'm in a few years ago. At least, I'm fairly certain it's got to be the same Bowie.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Vitamin Z said...

I think it would be interesting for you to post (if you can) on your talk with Keller. Can you give us highlights?

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, i just heard your talk featured on the emergent podcast "plato vs. aristotle". you mentioned in passing "wiki faith". where could i find that? i've found the "open source theology" but wasn't sure if that was what you meant. is "wiki faith" something still active?
thanks,

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, I know this has nothing to do with NYC, but I couldn't track down your e-mail address and I wanted some info about your Ireland tour in November/December. Can you e-mail me at arnizach[a]kallnet.fo? Thanks a million.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home