Thursday, October 07, 2004

Breakfast

Had breakfast today with Dr. Darrell Guder -- he's a fantastic guy who is interested in missional ecclesiology, especially from a Barthian perspective. We try to get together once a month, and it's always awesome for me. He'd be reason enough for anyone to come to PTS for an M.Div., and to get a Ph.D. from him would be da bomb.

Then I talked Moltmann for 90 minutes with Dr. Rick Osmer. That was spectacular -- mind-bendingly delicious.

Tomorrow I leave right after class for the National Youth Workers Convention in Dallas. Friday is a late nite on postmodernism with Marko, Spencer Burke, and Mark Miller, Saturday is meetings, hanging out with friends, and reading Paul Ricoeur, and Sunday is two seminars ("Youth Ministry in the Emerging Church" and "Developing a Theology of Pop Culture") before (finally!) heading home for four days with the family.

2 Comments:

Blogger New Life said...

I love Guder. I work in Congregational Development and attend the GTU in Berkeley. I emailed Guder three years ago and he gave me a complete bibliography. What a guy. The "evangelism" professor at my main school could not define evangelsim and, therefore, could not help me. (I know, it is very sad and yes, I would fire him if he worked for me)I seriously considered transferring to PTS to study with Guder. I'm envious of you. :)

God's peace,
Rick

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the title of the blog! I've enjoyed reading the "posts". Very envious of you having a national youth workers conference, in the U.K despite there being an explosion in the number of Churches employing youth workers there is not a large representative national conference. Look forward to your reflections.

Youthblog, England
www.oxford.anglican.org/youthblog

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home