Thursday, April 26, 2007

Looking for Work

As some of my friends know, I'm trying to piece together a living: part-time with EV, part time speaking, and part-time writing. The speaking is what keeps the Joneses liquid, and I happen to love it. But, as I'm figuring out the rhythms of this life, it seems that some times are great for speaking engagements (Sept-Nov, Jan-Mar, May), and other times, well, it's slim pickins. So, I'm trying to figure out a way to pay for our lives while I write my dissertation (which is next in the queue after the current book).

Anyway, I've got some travel scheduled for the summer, and I'd love to speak to your group, preach at your church, or spend time with your staff or volunteer leaders. I've also got a bunch of frequent flier miles, and I'd be willing to fly somewhere for a day or two to get some work. I've listed below some places I'll be for meetings, and I'd love to talk if you're interested in scheduling something else around that time. Or we can talk about another time in another place. You can email me at jonestony@gmail.com.

Also, I'm looking to land a regular column in a magazine or journal. I've talked to a couple periodicals, but I'm open to suggestions on this, too. Lemme know what you think.

June 2-3: Phoenix
June 10-11: San Francisco
June 24-25: Los Angeles/San Diego
July 8-9: Atlanta
August 11-12: Oregon/Idaho

(This is a bit of a vulnerable post for me, thus the comments are turned off. And if you are considering sending me an email telling me that I'm preaching heresy, etc., you can keep it to yourself.)