Monday, September 17, 2007

Blogging about People

One of the reasons that I haven't blogged much recently is that much of my life is taken up with meetings.... meetings with real people. I've met with critics of emergent, and fans, talked with some on the phone, met with others in person. And I just don't think it's appropriate to blog about such things.

For instance, I met with Tim Keller last month. We had a great time together (at least I thought so), and I now consider him a friend. And I've gotten several emails and calls asking me to blog about our time together -- some people are jonesing to know what we talked about. But I just can't bring myself to blog publicly about what I talked about over a cup of coffee with a guy (OK, I'll tell you this: Tim had Earl Grey tea).

So there. I guess I've got to find other things to blog about.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Earl Grey!! Ok, that's it, I'm going to have to join Redeemer now.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Ben Hunsberger said...

Good call, personal conversations are personal.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Beloved said...

Good move. Heaven forbid us to fall into the trap of objectifying our relationships.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Topherspoon said...

Did he have honey with his tea? Earl Grey is really great with a bit of clover honey.

I would have loved to be the fly on that wall.

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had milk in my Earl Grey. And if my memory is correct, there were several literal flies on the wall.

--Tim Keller

1:23 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

tony - that's fair. I read once regarding presidential friends that there are two kinds of folks. Those who talk about the president and those who talk to the president. But there's no overlap. Probably a paradigm that's helpfully applicable to a number of other situations, eh?

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home