Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Don't Mess with Texas

As usual, I had a great time in Texas last weekend. I mean it, a truly great time. First off, I wasn't at hotel, but had the honor of my auntie-in-laws' hospitality -- thanks Johanna and Kathy.

On Sunday morning I preaching at UBC-Waco. I love that church. I got to hang out with Ben, Dave (who says he's going to endorse my book), and Josh, as well as others. You can listen to my sermon here -- if you do, you might find something really juicy that you could blog about...

After worship, Josh and I met up with Roger Olson, his wife, nephew, and nephew's girlfriend for some Cajun food (Josh is a wimp and had a Philly Cheese Steak). Roger and had I never met, and we had a great conversation.

Then I drove up to Dallas for the inauguration of The New Journey Zero.Com. Seriously, they're going to give Watermark a run for the $$$$. It's a great new new space -- lots of room for large portraits of Jurgen Moltmann.

After BBQ and beers with the Journeyers, I stopped by Jason Mitchell's house for some frivolity. It was genius. Wheels off.

Monday morning, back down to Baylor to speak at University Chapel. I loved it. Great kids, great staff, and a great shawarma sandwich for lunch with some Truett students and UBCers.

And I bought some new boots on my way back to the airport. You'll see them soon.

I'm home for 24 hours and off to The Emergent Gathering this evening.

4 Comments:

Blogger kpg & scg said...

Wow, it's like you lived my old life for a few days! Glad it treated you well.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, MacArthur wouldn't say that the body has nothing to do with the spirit. You've really obviously misconstrued his statement. He did not say that Christianity was about secret knowledge, either. He didn't say anything about a "spiritual elite class." Whence cometh that inference? Because he wears a suit? Don't be a jerk, Tony.

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah tony! or should i call you tonya...

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh you anonymous man. i digress.

i've only listened to 3 minutes and you're already bashing mac. so i'm done. no more audio from you. aren't you the one that's always talking about all of life is theology/art. a computer can be art. it is art.

but i guess i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home