Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In Praise of a Friend

You know how some friendships come easy and some come hard? Well, I've got a few of each. And, to be honest, the ones that come hard seem to fade over time. The more energy it takes, I suppose, the less likely I am to really invest the time and emotion it takes.

Among my friends is one who falls into the "hard" category. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that this friendship used to be difficult. This friend and I worked through some hard times, some awkward times, as friends and also as two who do business together (which adds complexity to any friendship).

But we got through the hard times and came out into the other side with a knowledge that we will, indeed, be lifelong friends.

So, today I celebrate him as he celebrates another year of life -- and the conclusion of a colon cleanse! Enjoy that cup of coffee, bro!

And happy birthday, Marko.