Thursday, January 19, 2006

Journey - Dallas, TX

I had the wonderful opportunity of spending last weekend at the community of Journey, in Dallas, Texas. Really, it would be impossible for me to do justicce in a blog post to the wonderful people there and their un-hyperlinked pastor, Danielle Shroyer. It's a great group of people who love each other in a way that, I must say, I haven't ever before experienced at a church. Plus, the folks there are creative, young, and sassy.

I also had the (mis)fortune of joining the MOL Nation for their occasional baccanal, a.k.a., Poker Night. I took my fair share of abuse, as was my due. But, I not only drove myself home, I also outlasted JNise in the game and got to see Junior with his shirt off. In fact, I won $17.

Breakfast with MOL and Scott ("I am Relevant") Gornto was another highlight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zuriel said...

It was our pleasure to have you down here man. I hope this was not the last time we saw you.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure glad we got the "sassy" tag. that was my goal the whole weekend. sweet victory.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

tony, you've created a monster with this whole 'sassy' thing. i've already received two emails with 'i AM sassy!' in it..and i'm sure that's just the beginning.

thanks for coming down. it was alot of fun and meant alot to all of us.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come back and visit again. We all can't wait to read your paper/book, but we are desperately hoping that you do not mention Eric in any capacity. He doesn't need the ego help.

6:20 PM  
Blogger MOL Junior said...

i will continue to boycott all things emergent until danielle gets hyperlinked.

8:17 AM  
Blogger LukeMiller said...

remind me, tony, which one were you?

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home