Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture...

...is the title of a book by my long-time friend, Shane Hipps. Shane has set up an excellent website to promote the book (showing that he gets media, and shaming a lot of less savvy authors (like yours truly) in the process.

But, more importantly, this book must be read by you. As someone who finds "video venue" churches theologically abhorrent, I think Shane's work is extremely helpful. He provides a needed theoretical-theological scrim for making decisions about the use of media in ecclesial settings.

Buy It.

Now.

7 Comments:

Blogger LukeMiller said...

is this a direct or indirect call out of el MOL?

9:42 AM  
Blogger el mol said...

both and neither

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sivin Kit said...

looks good ... great site ... wonderful links to start us off.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote: "video venue" churches

Indeed...I am intrigued...I attended a church would fall into that category big time...

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO FREAKIN WAY. Tony, do you realize how many degrees of separation have been working against us all this time?? My brother was best of friends with Shane during at least their freshman years at TCU. That was when a girl from my place-of-growing-up was dating my bro, and she met Shane then, too, though she went to Baylor. Yikes. Well, now this girl, Jess, is getting married to a cool guy (not my bro) and has asked Shane to do part of the officiating. Phew. All of that to say, hopefully I'll see the guy in June. I do remember meeting him years ago and he cracked me UP. We all Enya-ed to Xmas lights in his dorm room. Ahh, the faint memories . . .

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! who deleted the comments by sahid? I think he is right. The Muslims (not all, of course) are a bit lacking in sense of irony and humor when the kill each other over a cartoon depicting that they are violent...why delete this? These are important theological events. Let's discuss this...why hide? What are you afraid of?

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ for the record Tony...that was not me...

To whoever posted in my name...get over yourself and have the balls to claim your own opinion...

That was a serious violation of blogger etiquette.

12:43 PM  

<< Home